Thursday, December 27, 2012

Prologue

Clair Johnson

   I was on a quadruple date with my three best friends and, obviously,their dates, at the movies. During a slow part of the movie, I slipped out to the bathroom. When I came back, our group was quietly arguing about something in the movie, so I decided to leave.
   I was walking home when I had the strange feeling that I was being followed. I ignored the feeling, telling myself that I was just being silly. This wasn't unusual for me. I always seem to feel like someone is watching me while I walk home. I knew I was just being paranoid, I do read a lot of mystery novels.
   Then something new happened.
      I heard footsteps behind me.
         I resisted the urge to turn and look behind me, it could just be a coincidence, someone else was probably walking home, like me, and just happened to be going the same direction as me.
   I turned down the next street, the stranger did also. I turned again, so did the stranger. I walked faster and the footsteps behind me sped up. I ran and the starnger did also. The footseps became louder as the stranger got closer. I took another turn and all of a sudden found myself in a cul-de-sac that I didn't recognize.
   I serched for an escape route, but found none. Triumphant laughter coming from behind me almost made me jump out of my skin. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I whirled round, to face the source of my terror. The stranger wore a trench coat, a fedora, and dark sunglasses.
   "There's nowhere left for you to run, little girl," he said ith an evil smile on his face.
   i attempted to run past him to freedom, but he grabbed my wrist and yanked me to his chest and held a gloved hand over my mouth. I struggled,kicked, and clawed at him, trying to get away.
   I was slowly losing consciousness, and right before I passed out, I thought...
      his glove smells weird...
         then the orld went black.


this is the prologue to my story, btw, it's not all doom and gloom, in case you're wondering,when I write the rest, that is.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ginger. I see you have discovered the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This oddly reminds me of "The spy goddess" Series. Not that anyone cares... But I liked your story so far Cayley. Oh if you haven't heard I approved your relationship with Steven. :)

    ReplyDelete